My name is Amber and I’m a frontend engineer living in Berlin. I have a keen interest in accessibility, performance, and security, and extensive experience in agile, version control, testing, CI/CD, and error handling. Additionally, I’ve worked on internal tools (TypeScript), onboarded engineers, run A/B tests, managed headless CMS requests, written middlewares for backend endpoints, overseen API creation, improved SEO, and more. In my spare time I write on my tech blog, help developers increase their skills and find jobs at codebar, read, take photos, and take long walks outside!
- Building React UI with Fela (CSS-in-JS), and server-side rendering (over 3 million users)
- Overseeing API creation for use with secure GraphQL/Apollo/Node middlewares
- Writing tests with Cypress/Jest/TestRail, and releasing various servers on a daily basis
- Leading development and maintenance of support website and Contentful CMS
- Worked independently on a mature React application
- Maintained a versioned design system
- Led development of website using GatsbyJS
- Worked with Craft CMS.
- Built 404 page (HTML/CSS) into Angular app
- Released app using CI/CD with Circle CI
- Created JS (ES6) apps connected to APIs
- Agile experience - sprints/retros/planning
Above is a list of my front end web engineer experience. See the rest of my work experience on LinkedIn!
Master of Psychology, Leiden University 2014 - 2015, Leiden, NL
Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology, Christchurch University 2012 - 2012, Christchurch, NZ
Bachelor of Psychology, Christchurch University 2008 - 2011, Christchurch, NZ