My name is Amber and I’m a frontend engineer living in Berlin.
I have a keen interest in accessibility and performance, and extensive experience in agile, version control, testing, CI/CD, and error handling.
I’ve worked on internal tools (TypeScript), onboarded engineers, run A/B tests, managed headless CMS requests, written middlewares for backend endpoints, overseen API creation, improved SEO, and more.
In my spare time I write on my tech blog, organise and coach at codebar, read, take photos, and take long walks outside!
Building an isomorphic React, CSS-in-JS, GraphQL, & Node.js banking web app and support site used by millions.
- Implemented secure inbox so users can send and receive sensitive data securely.
- Sole frontend developer for document PDF generation feature that saves 100s of contact hours per week.
- Lead feature development of support website that so far reduced contacts by 10%.
- Increase Google search page ranking through correct use of meta data and structured data.
- Optimise Contentful CMS space to markedly reduce 404s, incorrect slugs, and missing content.
- Hold live video tutorials and AMAs for content editors.
Building a government web app and independently launching a product sign-up site.
- Led development of and launched a website using GatsbyJS in 2 weeks.
- Independently configured Craft CMS.
- Worked on a large React application.
- Maintained a versioned design system.
Building a web app for an energy company.
- Built 404 page (HTML/CSS) into Angular app.
- Released app using CI/CD with Circle CI.
- Created JS (ES6) apps connected to APIs.
- Agile experience - sprints/retros/planning.
Above is a list of my front end web engineer experience. See the rest of my work experience on LinkedIn!
Master of Psychology, Leiden University 2014 - 2015, Leiden, NL
Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology, Christchurch University 2012 - 2012, Christchurch, NZ
Bachelor of Psychology, Christchurch University 2008 - 2011, Christchurch, NZ